How to send emails from your shared mailbox id
1) Set up the 'SEND AS' feature:
You have to do a one-time setup in order to be able to use Gmail's 'Send As' feature.
- Click on the gear icon of your Gmail (top right corner) to open the Settings page
- Select the Accounts tab
- Under Send mail as click on the 'Add another email address'. This email address can be a Gmail account or a Google group.
- In the Name field, enter the sender name that you want email recipients to see and in the Email address field, enter the shared mailbox email address.
- Click Next Step and then Send Verification. Gmail will send a verification message to your shared mailbox email address to confirm the request.
- Once the email has been received, open it and either click the link included in the message or enter the confirmation code in the Accounts section of your email settings (click Verify).
You can further set up your inbox in order to reply from the same address the message was sent to. To do this, go to the Accounts tab in your Gmail, and switch on the option to do this.
Please note that the setup has to be done by all the users of the Shared Mailbox.
2) Set up different Signatures
You can set up custom signatures for the shared mailbox email addresses or any other email address that you have set up under the 'Send email As' feature.
- Open Settings on your Gmail, under the 'General' tab, you will find the 'Signature' option.
- On the drop-down menu, you will find all the email addresses that you have set up on your Gmail Accounts tab.
- Select the email addresses, and edit the signatures to be displayed for each.